For some of us 2016 may have been a really hard year, for others it might have been a breakthrough year full of highs and excitement, and for some of us it may have been quite uneventful. In all cases, I'm sure we all feel a little exhausted now that the end of the year is in sight, so we may need some inspo to guide us into 2017 so that we can have the most happy and prosperous year ahead and THRIVE!
Here's 5 things we suggest you do in these few days leading up to the New Year. Positive vibes = positive life, right?
1. Write down everything that has happened in the past year that you are GRATEFUL for. Even if you feel that 2016 was literally the worst year you have ever had to date, there will be at least ONE thing that you are grateful for, delve into that mind of yours and bring it out, write it down and dwell on it- practicing gratitude changes our mental attitude, which in turn can change the way we view situations and life events.
2. RELEASE and LET GO — Make a list of all the things you want to LEAVE BEHIND in 2016. This can be people, places, attitudes, judgements, misbeliefs, ANYTHING — and BURN it. Not the people — the paper! (OK, it's summer here so it may be a total fire ban day on the day you want to burn it, so maybe instead of burning it you can rip it up and bin it...either way, do something symbolic with it that really intensifies your desire to RELEASE!).
3. Do your laundry, clean your house, remove expired food from the fridge or invest in some amazing new Scented Candles (wink). Start out the New Year with a clean slate. You don’t want to bring any “dirty laundry” (quite literally) into 2017. This helps to shift energy and make room for the new and better.
4. Now make a list of your intentions for 2017. What do you want to accomplish, manifest, achieve? Write it down in the “I am” format, as if it has already happened. For example: “I am publishing my book,” “I am running 5 miles a day,” “I am living on the French Riviera with my hot Parisian boyfriend.” - You get the point.
5. Dance in the New Year with JOY! Be proud of yourself for all you accomplished this past year and be happy that you made it!! Pat yourself on the back and send yourself blessings of LOVE, JOY, PROSPERITY, AND PEACE. YOU DESERVE IT! BELIEVE IT!